Turf Tank process personal data about persons who visit and use our websites and social media platforms (“Digital Channels”) and about persons who participate in campaigns or competitions organised by Turf Tank or who contact us in connection with customer issues.
Your privacy is important to Turf Tank and we strive for a high level of protection in all our personal data processing. All personal data processing carried out within Turf Tank is performed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. Within the EU/EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies from 25 May 2018. Local data protection legislation outside the EU/EEA will be taken into account where relevant.
Specific information regarding personal data processing might be provided in connection with Turf Tank’s Digital Channels, which, in such case, will take precedence over this general information.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information, which can be linked directly or indirectly when combined with other data, to a living natural person. This means that different types of information such as name and contact details, IP addresses, competition entries, purchase history, case information and photographs constitute personal data.
What personal data do we collect about you?
When you visit our Digital Channels
When you participate in competitions, other marketing activities, evaluations or tasting panels
If you participate in competitions or other marketing activities organised by Turf Tank, competition entries and other necessary data about you (for example to administer prizes) will be processed.
When you are in contact with customer services or communicate with us in other ways
When you communicate with us, for example, when you ask customer services something or if you have queries in connection with a complaint regarding a product, we may process case data, other than your contact details, such as customer number, complaints, requests and other data you provide about yourself while in contact with us.
Purposes for which we process your personal data
We process your personal data for various purposes, depending on whether you visit our Digital Channels, participate in competitions, other marketing activities, evaluations or tasting panels, or communicate with us for other reasons:
- To deliver services or products that you order and to administer our agreements with you;
- To communicate with you and deal with your requests (e.g. handle returns/damages, complaints or comments etc.);
- To handle and respond to legal claims, e.g. during a dispute or litigation;
- To administer events, competitions and prizes. Competition entries may be published during marketing;
- To maintain, develop, test and improve our Digital Channels and the technical platforms on which they are delivered;
- To generate statistics regarding the use of our Digital Channels; and
- To market products and services from Turf Tank (including by e-mail and text/picture messages) that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, please contact us at. You can also choose to opt out of electronic marketing by following the link in the e-mail we send to you.
Legal basis for our personal data processing
Turf Tank always processes your personal data in accordance with applicable law. We process your personal data when necessary for the performance of a contract with you, to handle any complaints, or other types of customer service issues. We also process your personal data when we have another legitimate and justifiable interest to do so, for example an interest in marketing our company to visitors on our Digital Channels, an interest in developing our Digital Channels or in communicating with you (e.g. via customer services).
If Turf Tank was to process your personal data for any purpose, which requires your consent under applicable data protection legislation, we will ask to obtain your consent in advance.
Turf Tank will only process your personal data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purposes of the processing. We have procedures in place to ensure that your data are erased thereafter.
Security for the protection of personal data
Turf Tank safeguards your personal data with a high level of security and has to this end, implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, amendments, dissemination or destruction.
Restrictions on disclosure of personal data
Turf Tank may appoint external partners to perform tasks on Turf Tank’s behalf, such as providing IT services or helping with marketing, data analysis or statistics. The performance of these services may mean that Turf Tank’s partners, both within and outside the EU/EEA, gain access to your personal data. Companies that manage personal data on Turf Tank’s behalf must always sign an agreement with Turf Tank so that we are able to ensure a high level of protection of your personal data also with our partners. Turf Tank takes special safeguards with regard to partners outside the EU/EEA, such as signing agreements that include the standardized model clauses for data transfer adopted by the EU Commission and which are available on the EU Commission’s website.
Turf Tank may also disclose your personal data to third parties, for example, the police or other public authorities, if it concerns criminal investigations or if we are otherwise required to disclose such data by law or public authority decisions.
Turf Tank will not disclose your personal data to any extent other than described in this section.
Right to information and right to lodge a complaint
You have certain rights in relation to Turf Tank that is data controller for your personal data (see the contact details below):
- Right of access (register transcript) – a right to obtain confirmation of and information about the processing of your personal data.
- Right to rectification – a right to have erroneous data rectified.
- Right to erasure – a right to have data removed. This right is limited to processed data, which legally requires your consent, if you withdraw consent and oppose the processing.
- Right to restricted processing – a right to request that the personal data processing is restricted, for example, if you oppose the accuracy of the data. During the investigation of the accuracy of the data, Turf Tank access to the data is restricted.
- Right to data portability – a right to request that personal data are transferred from one data controller to another. This right is restricted to data that you have supplied to us yourself.